In order to meet standards, organizations demand higher accountability for development-project funds and transparency regarding a program’s results. It’s understood now that you’re more likely to receive future funding if you can demonstrate how a program performs. That’s why employees who have specialized Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) skills are in demand. This key knowledge helps to assess a project or program’s performance and its lasting impact.
Project monitoring has the task of establishing sufficient controls over a project and to ensure that it stays in track in terms of achieving its objects and serves purposes for the various stakeholders. Project monitoring is an integral part of day to day management of projects. It provides information by which the project implementers can identify problems, and solve them or assess progress
Module 1: Introduction to M&E Principles and Concepts
· Understand M&E basic principles
· Apply the principles of results-based management
· Use practical considerations and key steps in developing M&E systems
Module 2: Designing program monitoring systems
· Deciding on key aspects of the program to monitor
· Identifying data sources
· Designing sound data collection and collation tools
· Developing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for managing data
Module 3: Analyzing and reporting data for decision making
· Developing a data analysis strategy
· Selecting data analysis methods
· Presenting analyzed data
· Common pitfalls/errors in analyzing data
Module 4: Developing a data communication strategy for stakeholders
· Identifying program stakeholders and their information needs
· Selecting appropriate communication tools for different audiences
There are four assignments (continuous assessment tests), research paper and one examination to be offered at the end of the course. Assignments account for 40%, research paper accounts for 30% while Examination accounts for 30% of the mark. Upon completion of the course, you shall be issued with a Diploma Certificate and a course transcript.
Certificate and Transcripts will be sent after the successful completion of the course.